1. Refer a Parent or Family in Need
Know an expectant parent or family with children age 5 or under, who could use additional support?
If they live in one of the counties where Texas Home Visiting is currently offered, let them know about the program at: www.texashomevisiting.org or www.visitasencasadetexas.org. The individual can locate the nearest home visiting program in their area. Click here for the Get Started page.
2. Get the Word Out!
- Display a Texas Home Visiting poster at your location.
- Have Texas Home Visiting brochures available at locations where families will see them, such as:
- Child-care centers
- Grocery stores
- Other visible places in your community
- Speak to your neighbors, local leaders, civic groups, etc. to let them know the importance of home visiting and the far-reaching impact it can have on communities and society.
3. Join the Early Childhood Movement in Your Community.
For information about being a part of your community’s early childhood comprehensive system, click here and contact the Texas Home Visiting program site in your area.