Children are always growing and changing. As soon as parents get used to one age, their kids are doing something new. That’s why we’ve pulled together some handy parent tips to help you know what to expect through some important milestones.
These tips were adapted from “A Parent’s Guide to Raising Healthy, Happy Children,” a publication of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and Texans Care for Children.
- Expecting a Baby – Tips for moms and dads for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby
- At the Hospital – Getting ready for your new arrival!
- When You Get Home – Adjusting to your newest family member
- Six Months – Get ready for teething!
- One Year – Your baby will soon be a toddler
- Two Years – Your child is becoming more independent
- Three Years – A time for exploring with your child
- Four Years – Introduce more creative forms of play
- Five Years – Getting ready for kindergarten
- Anytime Tips – Parenting tips for all ages
The following videos from helpandhope.org provide additional tips for parents of young children.
Our kids. They can make us crazy. Helpandhope.org can help with parenting advice. Help for parents. Hope for kids.
How do you deal with a crying baby? It’s one of the most frustrating things a new parent faces. Here’s a fun look at how to handle it.
Potty training can be a big frustration for parents. This fun video has great tips for getting through it and puts it all into perspective.
Temper tantrums drive parents crazy. This fun video explains how to handle them the right way.